Update Announced to 2021 Derby Panel
GBGB is today announcing an update to the panel who will decide the venue for the 2021 English Greyhound Derby.
Following trainer Kevin Hutton’s decision to step away from the role, John Mullins will now join the panel in his place. Mullins has been put forward by GBGB Trainers’ Representative Peter Harnden, who will not be taking part himself due to his attachment to Derby-bidding track Nottingham.
The three tracks which expressed interest in holding the 2021 event – Central Park, Nottingham and Towcester – are required to send detailed bids by the end of next Monday, 28th December.
The panel, now comprised as below, will meet virtually on the morning of 31st December to review the bids, with an announcement on the successful stadium expected later that day:
- John Coleman, GBGB Owners’ Representative;
- John Mullins, Professional Trainer;
- Steve Fluin, Head of the Champagne Club Syndicate;
- Mark Moisley, GBGB Commercial Director;
- Peter Cadman, Chair of the Greyhound Regulatory Board.